My Goals For Last Week:
- Do School with Davy 3 Days
(This one was very important to me and I am so glad it worked out. There were projects we didn’t do, and there was flexibility to the Plan that Mommy had made, but we did it!)
- Update Fundraising Information,
Reimbursements, and Mail Checks
- Start Writing Thank You Cards & Follow Up from Fundraising Events (As I went through my daily To Do List this goal and the following goal became bigger tasks than could be accomplished around other things, so I moved them to smaller micro tasks in the coming weeks)
- Create a Blog Post Calendar of “Due Dates” & Topics
- Have Davy sit on the Toilet for Potty Time Twice a Day
Almost immediately I wished I had not made this goal this week, but naptime and bedtime became times he “needed” to try to sit on the toilet, and while he was doing it for stalling I was glad that he was trying. And we had some progress!
My Goals For This Week:
- Potty Time Three Times a Day (Since he initiated his own Potty Time twice a day I am going to try to add one more this week.)
- School with Davy 3 Days
- File Event Information, Add People to Newsletter, List People Who Need Thank You Cards
- Write 5 Thank You Cards
- List Backlogged Blog Topics and Prioritize them
I made a calendar for Daily Goals as well, and that is what I tried to accomplish each day. As I said with the fundraising tasks and the blogging tasks, I realized that I had made my goals to vague. I couldn’t fully accomplish the task, so I had to break them down into much smaller pieces to really have them on the Daily Goals calendar. I was able to begin with each goal that I had the previous week, but it was more of figuring out how I want to organize the two blogs, researching a possible change to owning our own domain name, and gathering into a pile everything I need for the Thank You project. So, those pieces were a success and a step in the right direction. It was better than being overwhelmed and walking away from the goal entirely.
I am continuing to work on my yearlong goals, so soon these weekly goals will expand into different categories as I go to work on big goals as well. Stay tuned, and please feel free to post/reply with your own weekly goals in the comments and how you did on them this week!