Last Week’s Goals:
- Potty Time Three Times a Day
(IT’S WORKING! Not to embarrass him later, but this week he actually started to pee in the toilet! Yay! Later in the week we had more trouble, so there is still a ways to go.)
- School with Davy 3 Days
(Now that we have firmly established the habit, I think I can take it off the Weekly Goals because while I will still be doing it, I won’t need to use this list to do it)
- File Event Information, Add People to Newsletter, List People Who Need Thank You Cards
- Write 5 Thank You Cards (PROGRESS MADE: Although I was able to begin the process of filing, other things came up and I realized that I had made micro goals, but just not given myself enough days. Oh well, progress was made.)
- List Backlogged Blog Topics and Prioritize Them (PROGRESS MADE: This was a goal I was excited about accomplishing, but there were some actual job related goals that had to come first that I had not originally given myself any time for this week. I did create the document for Blog Topics to be listed.)
This Week’s Goals:
- Potty Time Right Before & Right After Naps & Bed, and Before We Leave the House
- Write Love Notes to Louis and to Davy
- Attend Bible Study
(Since I didn’t post this right away on Tuesday, I have already attended my monthly Bible Study. It was great!)
- List Backlogged Blog Topics and Prioritize Them
- Make a Study Plan for Arabic
I had some exciting times reading through my Bible Plan this week, and Davy’s success on the toilet was amazing! As I work on my Goals it has been great to focus on what God is calling me to do. I am taking full advantage of the happy hormones of pregnancy flooding through my body, and I hope that the goals that I create will provide me with hope and life because they are based on God’s will. As I read Romans I was struck by how the law which is meant to lead to life could also cause destruction. That is what happens when I beat myself up over rules I create around these goals. The point is to remain focused where God is leading me. I must seek His truth, not let myself believe the lies of Satan when one or two of my goals turn out to be too much for the week.
I am also very proud of the fact that Progress was Made on all five goals even though two weren’t fully accomplished. I decided it was important to emphasize the progress made even if I can’t actually cross out the goals.
I am continuing to work on my yearlong goals, so soon these weekly goals will expand into different categories as I go to work on big goals as well. Stay tuned, and please feel free to post/reply with your own weekly goals in the comments and how you did on them this week!