Dear Friends and Family,
We cannot express with words how overwhelmed we have been from the outpouring of support, prayers, and encouragement from our sending community. Let me give a quick summary of the issue and then an update on Kyrie’s improvement:
For an in depth timeline of the past 21 months CLICK HERE
- March 28th, 2015: Kyrie was born with an imperforate hymen that blocked fluids necessary for menses. Shortly after being diagnosed, a cist appeared in the area of the hymen causing sores, puss, and continual pain.
- We applied for the procedure to be covered with our insurance at the time and was denied.
- We attempted a painful out-patient procedure without anesthesia which was unsuccessful.
- We applied for two international insurance companies and were denied because of a pre-existing condition requiring a surgery they wouldn’t cover anyway.
- We attempted the painful out-patient procedure again without result.
- November 2015: Our family returned to Lebanon
- The pain grew steadily worse and Kyrie began sleeping 15-20 hours a day to manage the pain.
- We attempted to get the surgery done in Lebanon but there was no one at our Lebanese hospital who was equipped to perform this uncommon procedure on a child so young.
- December 2016: We returned to America to have the pediatric urological surgery with a specialist.
- One week prior to the procedure the bulge from the cist subsided.
- Prior to inducing the general anesthesia we attempted the painful out-patient procedure one last time and this time it was successful!!!
- We asked our specialist how it was possible for the cist to subside enough for the procedure to be successful and he answered, “You must have had a lot of people praying for you. God must not have wanted her to be put to sleep.”
Kyrie did not have to go under and she has made a 180% change. She is bubbly, laughing, and awake all the time.
She is ALL better!
This is possible because of God’s response to all of your prayers and support. God has shown a sign of His provision in the wilderness. Though our sorrow and struggle has lasted for countless nights, His joy has come in the morning. We could not have gotten through this period of our lives without you all being an ever present comfort to us. We can’t wait for you to meet our joyful little delighted daughter that has been encased in pain for so long. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God is good all the time and all the time God is good.
With Deepest Affection,
Louis, Annie, David, & Kyrie Liss